What we do
LET has one of the largest and most diverse carbon project portfolios in the world and our involvement and expertise in carbon markets is global and comprehensive.
Where we do it
LET has a global reach, we remain very much a hands-on, physical trader with a local presence where it matters. With carbon desks in Geneva, Singapore, Beijing, Dubai, Houston and London we cover the global carbon market from Europe to US, Japan to Australia and everywhere in between.
How we do it
LET is one of very few participants in the market whose involvement extends all the way from project inception to trading activity – right through the value chain. The size and diversity of our projects portfolio allows us to take on trades and structures that others might have to syndicate. Although our portfolio is wide ranging we pride ourselves on being a small team enabling speed of decision making – key in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
Our partnerships are key – including our ownership of carbon credit aggregator CRM and with the Chinese state owned company Huaneng, with whom we formed a Carbon fund, to name just two. Ultimately, we are
focused on delivering value for our partners, whatever their objective and our clients are as diverse as our portfolio.
- Industrial companies looking to monetise their carbon position
- Utility companies seeking physical liquidity in the marketplace
- Governments, for whom LET can facilitate the meeting of compliance obligations
- Pension and hedge funds, looking for a physical trading partner with solid expertise
- Project developers, looking to maximise the profitability of their projects through our sophisticated portfolio and physical risk management solutions
LET is constantly looking for new partners in the carbon market. This highly complex market presents many risks – commercial, political and legal – and LET is ideally placed to help our partners safely navigate these hazards while adding real and measurable long term value.