Oil And Gas
- Four coastal state governors express support for more OCS leasing 21st August 2017Four members of the Outer Continental Shelf Governors Coalition called on the US Department of the Interior to include all leasing options in the 2019-24 Outer Continental Shelf program that is being developed, “understanding that circumstances affecting leasing decisions could change during the course of the program’s development and implementation.”
- Total to buy Maersk Oil in $7.45-billion deal 21st August 2017Total SA plans to acquire 100% of the equity of Maersk Oil & Gas AS, a wholly owned subsidiary of AP Moller-Maersk AS of Copenhagen, for $4.95 billion in Total shares. Total also will assume $2.5 billion of Maersk Oil’s debt as part of a move that bolsters the French supermajor’s North Sea position.
- Court won’t overturn NY state’s Constitution Pipeline permit decision 21st August 2017A federal appeals court in New York rejected Constitution Pipeline Co. LLC’s request to overturn the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation’s (DEC) denial of a water quality permit for the interstate natural gas pipeline project.
- Rosneft, investment consortium close on Essar Oil purchase 21st August 2017Rosneft PJSC and an investment consortium have each completed the purchase of 49.13% stakes in Essar Oil Ltd. The investment consortium is comprised of UCP Investment Group and Trafigura, a physical commodities trading group.
- Cooper plans decommissioning of Basker-Manta oil wells 21st August 2017Cooper Energy Ltd., Adelaide, has engaged Perth engineering and design consultants Atteris Pty. Ltd. to undertake engineering studies for the decommissioning of Basker-Manta field’s subsea oil wells and related systems in Bass Strait, offshore eastern Victoria.
Today In EnergyUnable to display feed at this time.
- Coal-fired electricity generation remains stable 21st August 2017The EIA reports that the average operating heat rate for coal-fired generation may be attributed to emissions controls.
- Tlou Energy attains mining licence for Lesedi CBM project 21st August 2017Botswana's Department of Mines in the Ministry of Mineral Resources, Green Technology and Energy Security grants mining licence for Tlou Energy’s Lesedi CBM project.
- Allegiance provides update on Telkwa metallurgical coal project 21st August 2017The staged production PFS review for the Telkwa metallurgical coal project is complete with a material reduction in start-up capital expenditure achieved.
- Crown Mountain Coking coal project negotiations underway 21st August 2017The continuing advancement of Crown Mountain is generating strong interest in Jameson Resources.
- Mining industry preparing for AIMEX 21st August 2017World leading operators and live demonstrations to feature at AIMEX in Sydney, Australia.